Monday, April 26, 2010

If You're Ever on the Witness Stand....Re-.Remembering the Bunny

   If you are ever called as a witness in a trial, think twice about your memory.  What you think you remember may not be the truth! Think about that.  What you plain old say under oath might not be the truth.  That's scary.  I wrote the story about my Easter Bunny Experience Gone Bad and truly believed my memory produced an accurate account of the infamous encounter with no revisionist history.. I mean, how much worse could it have been?  I am remembering the words "damn Easter Bunny."  It happened that way, right?  Not according to my son.  He says the truth is worse, much worse.  He says I said "damn" in my dreams but the real honest to goodness expletive was "I don't care what the f$%king Easter Bunny is doing."  Oops!  On second thought, I am thinking he is probably right.  I am glad I did not have to appear on the witness stand, though, as that Big Bunny who just meant well did not sue me.  Actually, come to think of it, I HAVE been on the witness stand and hopefully told the truth, although, to tell you the truth, who knows for sure?! (I was acquitted so whatever I said worked in my favor.) Anyway, I am now super SUPER sorry for my  behavior to the Bunny so please remember this, your memory can and does and WILL play tricks on you.  I think it usually tries to make the situation better than it was. The bunny probably was a damn bunny but he wasn't quite a f$%king bunny. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment