Monday, February 22, 2010

Ohno Oops?

   I had to laugh last week after NBC's coverage of Shaun White's snowboarding competition.  I clearly heard the excited exchange between White and one of his coaches after his gold medal was a done deal but before his second run which was going to be essentially a victory lap.
   The next day I read that NBC was apologizing for obscene content that should not have been heard on the air.  I thought darn I must have missed that.  So I read the transcript.  It was the same conversation I had witnessed.  Yes, the S word was uttered.  Obscene?  I don't think so.  Even at the time it seemed normal. And it certainly seemed very normal snowboard speak to be sure, and even super normal what did you expect half pipe talk.  C'mon people!
   All I do know is that if any of my family ever wins an Olympic gold medal NBC had better kill the mic because one of us will no doubt use the F bomb on the air 'cause winning a gold medal is f---ing fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment