Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome to Metal Mom Muse

Willkommen, Bienvenue, Velkommen, Bienvenido or for those of you basking on the luscious beaches of Tahiti - Maeva! At the risk of sounding a bit like Cabaret...Ok - Welcome. How did we arrive at this place?  Who is Metal Mom and how does Muse come into play?

Why Metal Mom? First of all, the tail has wagged the dog here, if that is a correct metaphor, as I believe I have been more influenced by my children, hence the Mom part, than they have been influenced by me.  Or at least, that is the way it has always seemed to me.

Long ago when my eldest son, James, was around 10 he received a Guns 'n Roses album for Christmas and the rest was history.  The actual tipping point came when his Middle School music teacher, Mrs. Georgia Taylor, asked his Dad and me if we would mind her teaching Jamie the bass guitar. 

And, again, not to be boringly repetitive, the rest was history!  Nirvana followed (Kurt Cobain not the state of being)  but Metallica made it all stick together and  bands were born and songs were penned and guitar picks littered the house.  I grew up on heavy metal, so to speak, (even though I am old and love the oldies best - Ozzy, you're the greatest) and am very proud of one point that defined my three beautiful boys and one gorgeous girl. Take this metaphorically AND realistically.  I NEVER TOLD THEM TO TURN DOWN THE MUSIC.  I never did!




No comments:

Post a Comment